Race to the King 2024
15 June 2024
Location: Goodwood Racecourse
Registration Fee: from £30 (Distance dependent)
Fundraising Target: from £300 (Distance dependent)
Join #TeamSpinal on this remarkable ultra marathon. Starting from Goodwood Racecourse, the route takes you along the coastal path of Chichester Harbour AONB, through the picturesque ancient village of Bosham and winds along the River Arun, past Arundel Castle and up along the South Downs Way before heading back to the finish line at Goodwood.
With 50km and 100km options, this challenge is perfect for everyone regardless of your fitness level. You will be treated like royalty on your journey with fully stocked pitstops, laden with food and drinks, an overnight Basecamp at Goodwood Racecourse, and tireless support from the crew and medics.
- Training programme tailored to all levels
- Fully signposted trails for navigation in day & night conditions
- Routes through heritage sites, AONBs and along National Trails
- Fully stocked pit stops including cereal bars, chocolate, sweets, fresh fruit, crisps, sandwiches and more
- Hot meals, showers, drinks and sports nutrition
- Bag transport to the finish
- Qualified medical personnel at all pit-stops & medical clinics at basecamp & finish points
- Finisher’s medal
- Individual chip timing throughout the event
How do I secure a place?
Please register to secure your place in the Race to the King and experience an iconic event. Once you've registered you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Have your own place?
If you are lucky enough to be allocated a ballot entry, email the Events Team for your running vest. There is no fundraising target with your own running place, we just ask that you raise as much as you can. All sponsorship will help us fund pioneering research across the world into spinal cord injury and its life-changing effects.
What can you expect from us?
- A dedicated fundraiser
- Personalised fundraising support
- Regular team e-newsletters
- A Spinal Research running vest or technical t-shirt
- Not to mention heaps of encouragement, help and advice